Monday, November 24, 2014

Embracing Uncertainty: Why You Don’t Need To Have Everything Figured Out

by Amber Ikeman for newvoices.com

Do you ever get so overwhelmed about your future that you want to just stop what you’re doing, run out into a field and scream,

“WHAT AM I GOING TO DO WITH MY LIFE?!?”

Yeah. That’s about where I am right now.

I left Yellowstone National Park three weeks ago, where I was working seasonally. Since then, I’ve resumed my nomadic lifestyle and have been traveling the southwest. I have to admit that it’s been a bit difficult for me.

Really? You’re about to complain about getting to travel all over the country completely on your own schedule with no obligations or deadlines?! Wow. That sounds rough.

No, I’m not being sarcastic; it’s not always as fun as it sounds. Leaving Yellowstone with no concrete plans was terrifying, to say the least. I’ve pretty much always had a plan; after high school, I knew I was going to go to college; after college, I felt that I needed to spend some time in Israel learning more about my heritage; after Israel, it felt like time to get a “real” job. And even when I decided to pack up and start a new life, I had Yellowstone as my destination following a two-week road trip. But when the season ended, I set out on the road again with no anchor and no specific plan.

Continue reading.


Follow us on   


No comments:

Post a Comment